STATEMENT OF RENTAL POLICY
Welcome to our community and thank you for your interest. Prior to completing the Application for Residency, please review all criteria outlined and know that some criteria may apply to applicants only; while other may apply to anyone at our community. Also note that these are the current rental criteria standards, and nothing contained herein constitutes a guarantee or representation that all residents and occupants currently residing here have met these requirements. There may be individuals who began residing at this community prior to these standards going into effect. Additionally, the ability to verify whether these requirements have been met is limited to the reliability of information received from applicants and outside services used.
EQUAL HOUSING: Our community is an Equal Housing Opportunity provider.
- We do business in accordance to the Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA) and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
- We also provide housing in accordance with all other state/local laws if they provide greater protection than the FFHA
APPLICATION FOR RESIDENCY: Unless state mandated, anyone residing at our community that is over the age of 18 must apply.
- All applicants must be fully approved under the terms of outlined in this Statement of Rental Policy.
- For the purpose of this document, the term “Applicant” is defined as, the person or persons who will be signing the lease as the “Resident”.
- The term “Occupant” is defined as, any person who will be listed on the lease agreement who is under the age of 18*.
- *Age requirement in Alabama is 19.
LEASE GUARANTORS: Our community does not allow lease guarantor for applicants.
- A co-applicant can be added after submission of application, if an applicant does not meet income acceptance criteria but meets all other requirements.
- Co-applicants must qualify under the same terms and conditions outlined in this Statement of Rental Policy.
OCCUPANCY: Generally, no more than two persons per bedroom may occupy an apartment.
- Children under the age of 24 months will not be included in the occupant count.
- If the number of people applying for a single apartment exceeds these guidelines, the application will be rejected for that particular size of apartment.
- If a child less than 24 months old at the time of rental application exceeds this age at Lease Agreement expiration, residents will be required to either (1) move into another available apartment, which has more bedrooms leased at the current market rent; or (2) move out.
- Our policy is to conform to local and state requirements to the extent that they require a different standard than stated here.
AVAILABILITY & RATES: Applications for available homes will be accepted on a first come – first served basis and are subject to the availability of the particular apartment type requested.
- "Availability” does not mean that an apartment will definitely be available for occupancy at the estimated date.
- “Available” apartments include those where a “Notice to Vacate” has been submitted by an existing resident indicating an intention to vacate on or about a certain date. Under certain circumstances, we will permit current residents who are not in default of their lease to withdraw or change their Notice to Vacate.
- Availability can also change without notice if an application and monies required have been submitted. Apartments may also become available if a pending application is not approved or the approved applicant fails to fulfill occupancy agreement. Uncontrollable circumstances may also delay availability of an apartment.
- If you are approved for residency, but occupancy is delayed for any reason whatsoever, you agree that we are not responsible or liable to you in any manner for such delay. Whether a particular unit or type of apartment is available can vary significantly during our normal business hours.
- Rates quoted prior to the submission of all required application documents, fees, and deposits are subject to change.
FEES/DEPOSITS: In order to reserve an apartment home, each Applicant must submit a non-refundable Application Fee with the submission of the Application for Residency.
- Additional monies such as Administrative Fees and Security Deposits may also be required at the time of application. After application processing is complete, additional monies for security deposits and/or risk fees may be required. Amounts due will be based on the Lease Decision score. All monies paid, must be U.S. certified funds.
- Applicant(s) who are Accepted with Conditions, will be required to pay additional fees and deposits. If conditional applicant(s) choose to not pay additional monies required they will be considered declined.
- Applicants who are Accepted but fail to sign a Lease Agreement or take occupancy of the premises on the agreed date, management may assess damages against the security deposit for the amount of rent lost and any expenses incurred due to cancellation.
- All other fees paid prior to occupying the apartment will also be forfeited. Exceptions will only be made if there is an unreasonable delay caused by construction or the holding over of a prior resident.
IDENTIFICATION: Applicants must present at least one valid government issued photo ID.
- Acceptable verifications include: state issued driver’s license, state issued photo identification card, current passport, current United States military ID card, and/or visa issued by US Immigration and Naturalization Services.
- Expired identifications will not be accepted as a valid photo ID.
- Applicants without a Social Security #, must provide a valid passport and at least one (1) appropriate U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) document. Acceptable verifications include: Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, I-551 stamp contained in valid foreign passport, I-94 card contained in valid foreign passport, Alien Registration Receipt card (Resident Alien Card), Temporary Resident card, Employment Authorization card, refugee travel document, foreign students with an F1 visa status must show USCIS document I-20 and verification of current enrollment in a US school.
- Expired documents, of any kind, will not be accepted or considered valid.
SCORING OF YOUR CONSUMER CREDIT REPORT: Our community determines application acceptance through an expert statistical system which evaluates various factors including applicant credit report.
- Screening is based on real data and statistics, so it treats all applicants objectively.
- The statistical program analyzes application information and compares the credit trends of other consumers to predict how likely an applicant will pay rent in a timely manner and fulfill lease obligations.
- Consumer credit reports contains information about an applicant’s credit experiences, bill payment history, the number and type of credit accounts, late payments, collection actions, outstanding debt, and the age of credit accounts.
- A Lease Decision score will be calculated and determines if applicant(s) will be; Accepted, Accepted with Conditions or Declined.
- An Adverse Action Letter will be provided to all applicants who are declined or accepted with conditions. This letter will provide the name, address, and telephone number of the consumer reporting agencies that provided your consumer information to us. Applicants who do not meet our Qualifying Criteria standards are encouraged to obtain a copy of their credit report, correct any erroneous information, and submit a new application for further consideration.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check will be run on all applicants.
- An applicant may be automatically declined in the event they have ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor.
- Applicant(s) may also be declined if they have received adjudication withheld or have been charged with a felony or misdemeanor offense(s).
- An automatic denial will occur should an applicant appear on the list of known terrorists and wanted fugitives as provided by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), federal agencies to include the FBI, or other state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Lease Agreements will be terminated, in the event, after occupying residency, if anyone residing in leased apartment, is convicted of a felony or misdemeanor or appears on the list of known terrorists and wanted fugitives.
- Information about sexual offenders and/or predators can be obtained from The Department of Justice.
- These requirements do not constitute a guarantee or representation that residents or occupants residing at this apartment community have not been convicted of a felony or are not subject to deferred adjudication for a felony.
INCOME: Total monthly income combined for all applicants is part of our decision factors.
- Applicants without monthly income will be automatically declined.
- Income requirements can include but are not limited to; income being equal or greater than three times the full market rent value.
- Applicants may be required to submit one or more of the following as income verification.
- Verifiable income: (a.) six (6) consecutive weeks of pay stubs; (b.) bank statements for the previous 12 months, showing recurring deposits from the same source; or (c.) employment offer letter or income verified by employer on company letterhead. Self-employed or un-employed income: (a.) proof of income via the last year’s tax return or an accountant’s certification of income; (b.) proof of trust income or interest accrued or (c.) proof of social security, retirement, unemployment, or disability income.
RENTAL HISTORY: Up to 24 months of rental history may be verified on present and previous residences.
- A positive record of prompt monthly payment, no damages or monies owed, and sufficient notice to vacate is expected.
- Eviction, skip, landlord debt, or falsification of residency may result in an automatic rejection.
HOLD HARMLESS ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Applicant agrees that management does not promise, warrant, or guarantee the safety and security of applicant, applicant’s family and occupants, or applicant’s personal property against the criminal actions of other residents or third parties.
- Management shall not be liable for any damage or injury to applicant, applicant’s family and occupants, or to any person entering the premises or the building of which the leased premises are a part, for injury to person or property arising from theft, vandalism or casualty occurring in the premises or the buildings.
- The term “premises” is defined to include any common areas, lakes, and the surrounding area. Applicant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless management from all claims, costs, and expenses arising from injury to person or property.
- Each applicant has the responsibility to protect him or herself and to maintain appropriate insurance to protect his/her belongings. Applicants should contact an insurance agent to arrange appropriate coverage to protect their personal property.
Prior to executing Lease Agreement and occupancy, the following insurance conditions are required:
- Proof of Liability Insurance coverage dated in accordance of the Lease Agreement.
- ALL Lease holders must be listed as policy holders.
- Maintain policy for minimum of $100,000 in legal liability protection. Liability coverage protects the property and resident from damage to the Landlords property to include damage caused by water, fire, smoke or explosion.
- List our community as an "Interested Party" on the Declaration page and send correspondence in the event of cancellation to P.O. Box 498067, Cincinnati, OH 45249.
- Required fire, casualty and liability insurance coverage is to insure against the risks described above. Insurance coverage maintained by management does not protect residents from loss of personal property by theft, fire, water damage or other perils. Residents are responsible for maintaining appropriate vehicular or automobile insurance coverage.
VEHICLES: Parking space is limited in our community.
- Contact the management office for specific parking policies.
PETS: Domesticated pets are accepted.
- Certain breed restrictions, weight limitations, monthly pet rent, non-refundable fees and/or deposit may apply.
- Pets will be subject to visual inspection and all community policies.
- Pets listed as Service animals must be verified and approved by management before terms and conditions are modified.
SATELLITE DISH: Installation of a satellite dish is permitted if installation is in accordance with FCC and local access laws.
- Not all of our apartments are suitable to satellite reception and we cannot guarantee that satisfactory transmission will be received.
- There are limitations on how and where a satellite dish can be installed and the appropriate addendum must be signed prior to installation.
- Additional liability insurance (minimum coverage amount of $100,000) is required and a copy of the insurance must be presented prior to installation.
ELECTRONIC CONSENT: Agreement to Terms and Conditions means that all applicants and co-applicants agree to the terms outlined and consent and allow the Landlord, through its designated management agents, to obtain and verify the information provided by me on the Application for Residency.
- It is understood that the information verification and screening procedures are for the purpose of determining qualifications for renting an apartment that the Landlord and its agents, shall have a continuing right to review my credit information, criminal background, rental application, payment history, and occupancy history for account review purposes and for improving application methods.